The programme is designed to provide you with advanced knowledge and skills in digital media, design and technology. This includes the design and development of interactive systems, the production of high quality digital media content and the application of digital media in the promotion of products and services. You will be introduced to a range of areas that reflect established and emerging industry best practice including graphic design, digital audio and video production, motion graphics, 2D and 3D digital animation, digital media technology, web and mobile application development, casual game development, social media, marketing, web advertising, web analytics and communications. An integral part of the programme is the industrial placement module in year 3 where learners are provided with the opportunity to work with an external organisation for three months. Learners can also choose to complete specialist streams in year 4 of the programme in areas such as Web Applications, Motion Design and Web Analytics & Advertising.
This programme is suited to individuals that have an interest in design and creative technologies and the potential that digital media offers individuals, organisations and wider society.
1. Learn from industry practitioners - Lecturers on the Creative Multimedia suite of programmes at LIT LSAD Clonmel have worked across industry as web developers, software developers, video editors, special-effects artists, lead animators, visual-effects leads and animation directors. This includes working on animation and film titles such as I'm a Creepy Crawly, Granny O'Grimm, The Octonauts, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010), Paul (2011) & John Carter (2012).
2. Learn in a modern environment with state of the art equipment, software and online learning materials - Creative Multimedia students have access to over 100 PC & iMac workstations, a 2000 sq ft creative media studio, DSLR cameras, HD Video Cameras, drawing tables, Apple and Android tablet devices, an on-site audio recording studio, MIDI equipment and a video green screen. Students are also provided with access to leading creative media and animation software including the full Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Audition, Premier Pro, etc), Zbrush, Final Cut Pro X, Unity Pro, Toon Boom Harmony, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Reaper, etc. In addition, all students are provided with Lynda.com accounts which allows always-on access to self-directed learning materials.
3. Recognition of your degree - LIT Limerick School of Art and Design (LSAD) traces it roots back to 1852 and has a world renowned reputation in Art and Design.
Year 1: 24 hours per week Year 2: 24 hours per week Year 3: 18 hours per week Year 4: 18 hours per week
Creative Multimedia students at LIT LSAD Clonmel have been recognised both nationally and internationally in various competitions and awards including:
- Winner of New Media Category of the Institute of Designers of Ireland 2013 Graduate Award
- Winner of best factual film in Limerick Film Festival 2013
- Joint Winner of the "Dare 2B Drink Aware" Multimedia Competition in 2012
- Shortlisted in international competitions such as the Adobe Design Awards in 2012
- Finalists in the European Wide ELIA Languages through Lenses film competition in 2012
The average starting salary for 2013 graduates of the B.Sc (Honours) in Creative Multimedia is in excess of €30,000.