The Enterprise Acceleration Centre is delighted to be involved in the delivery of MarketLink Entrepreneur - LIT's new eight week multidisciplinary careers, innovation and entrepreneurship programme for 3rd Level undergraduate students studying in Limerick Institute of Technology. The inaugural programme kicked off with 40 participants in early October 2009.
This programme assists students intereseted in:
- finding out how to identify new business opportunities;
- learning how to evaluate business ideas;
- developing interpersonal skills to include presentation, teamwork, networking and communication;
- understanding issues faced by start up and small businesses to enhance your business acumen;
- learning about the supports available to start-ups;
- meeting with local entrepreneurs to hear their first hand real world experiences of establishing and running a business from the Mid-West;
- engaging in practical activities to stimulate learning and personal development;
- working with your peers across all disciplines to share ideas and knowledge;
- updating your CV with the assistance of a relevant mentor.
The key differentiating factor for programme participants is that they will be assisted to research and plan a market stall business which they will then manage on a group basis for a day on November 29th on the Street in LIT.
A Shannon Consortium initiative, MarketLink is a collaboration between LIT’s Department of Business, Careers Office and the Enterprise Acceleration Centre (EAC). The programme is supported by the Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF) and has secured matching financial support from the Enterprise Boards in the Mid West region. Limerick City Market Trustees are a key external partner in the programme.